We invite you to submit your films to the CinemaKC TV show for a potential segment or complete show featuring you and your films! By popular demand and in seeking more diversity, we extend the submission range to not just the KC region but the entirety of Missouri and Kansas!
If you’re a filmmaker working or residing in Missouri or Kansas, now’s the time to submit your work for Season 6 of CinemaKC, which will will be available for viewing on KCPT Channel 19 in Kansas City, MO. We also offer the episodes from Seasons 1-3 at our website at www.s24373.p295.sites.pressdns.com.
The films selected by the CinemaKC programming committee will be featured in segments or full episodes depending on the length of film and/or body of work available. The show will run in four ‘seasonal’ cycles over the course of the year and be featured on our website. The show is broadcast to stations throughout the midwest region, and has an even larger range via cable providers and syndicators. In effect, this is a GRAND opportunity for you and your work to be seen and appreciated.
Please read the following requirements to see if you’d like to submit your film.
- Films completed any time are eligible, but we prefer your latest/greatest work. If selected for a segment, you might also be asked to show pieces or additional shorts, which will not require a separate entry fee.
- Films previously submitted for consideration to CinemaKC are eligible only if accompanied by corresponding entry fee.
- We prefer premieres of films that have not been broadcast or premiered before, and give special consideration to such, but will still equally consider works if they do not necessarily meet this criteria.
- Films shown at private screenings not open to the public (for crew, investors, etc) are eligible.
- All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English.
- Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
Please read these guidelines to see how we’d like for you to submit your film.
- We prefer films to be viewable online via a private link. You can also submit via DVD or Blu-ray disc.
- Only complete entries (including fee payment and screener) will be considered.
The cost of shipping an entry to CinemaKC must be paid by the entrant. Collect or COD shipments will not be accepted. All international entries must be sent “free domicile” to the CinemaKC office with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper.
JUDGING AND SELECTION
All entries are selected to be featured on CinemaKC by the CinemaKC Programming Committee. If a work is selected for screening, the CinemaKC office will contact the entrant by phone or email. All entrants will be notified on or before August 31, 2016.
Each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate entry fee. Entry fees are not refundable. Fees cover registration, notification that your entry has been received, our screening process and time and notification of results. These fees may be paid by Paypal at the link below (strongly preferred) or by check or money order, made payable to CinemaKC at the mailing address below.
CinemaKC is a non-profit organization. We are keeping costs low to allow for as many opportunities as possible. Our early bird rate is the same as a donation to a CKC event.
EARLY BIRD ENTRY – $10 (Entry must be received by May 31, 2016)
REGULAR ENTRY – $20 (Entry must be received by July 15, 2016)
Since this is public television, there are certain standards for the content. Please be advised, though, that even if your content appears to meet the standards below, CinemaKC and KCPT reserve the right to review all the potential content and choice to not broadcast anything that is not ‘TV friendly.’
TIME QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION
Please read to see if your film qualifies based on its length.
- Narrative, Documentary and Animated films no longer than 15 minutes and no shorter than 2 minutes.
- Music Videos up to 4 minutes.
- Clips of up to 4 minutes of narrative and documentary live-action and animated longer works
Please read through these special considerations to find out if you’re content could get a leg up against other entries.
- If the work is a PREMIERE/sneak look of your work, with no prior broadcast, web or film festival exposure.
- Subjects dealing with the locale; filmmakers residing/shooting/filming in the region.
- If applicant has additional audio-visual content, such as behind the scenes and making-ofs, which allow for B-roll of your work.
- EXCEPTIONAL PRODUCTION VALUES! We are looking to represent our city in the finest light possible, in script, acting, lighting, sound, etc.
- TV FRIENDLY (see the NO-NO list for further elucidation)
THE NO-NO LIST
KCPT-TV must meet a community standard for obscene, indecent, or profane programming. Though it seems network TV is relaxing its standards, certain ones are immortal:
- NO content of an incendiary nature
- NO nudity
- NO female or male genital parts – not even fake objects
- NO profanity – Per the FCC, this is “such program matter to include language that is both “so grossly offensive to members of the public who actually hear it as to amount to a nuisance” and is sexual or excretory in nature or derived from such terms.” See George Carlin’s list for specifics. NOTE: If profanity only happens on occasion it is possible to bleep, so only unless it is used repeatedly is it disqualified.
- NO explicit or semi-explicit sexual acts or innuendo for these acts – If you’d be uncomfortable watching the actual act, the miming of the act, or the innuendo of the act with your grandmother (unless she’s really cool), then please don’t submit the content .
- NO explicit violence.
We look forward to seeing your work and welcoming you to being a part of CinemaKC!
MAIL ENTRIES TO:
3013 Main Street
Kansas City, MO
NOTE: Entry FEES are non-refundable. All submitted materials are non-returnable.