Celebrate the hilarious 1984 rock mockumentary, “This Is Spinal Tap,” on screen and on stage Friday, Nov. 11, at the Screenland Crossroads Theatre, 1656 Washington.
Tickets are just $11 and those born on 11-11 get in free!
What do you think about that Nigel?
Looks like he likes it!
“Go to 11 on 11-11-11 with Spinal Tap” will relive the sights, the sounds…and the smells of England’s loudest band of drummer-snuffing heavy metal heroes – Nigel Tufnel, David St. Hubbins and Derek Smalls (a.k.a. Christopher Guest, Michael McKean and Harry Shearer) – and their ludicrous collection of amplified guitars that inexplicably “go to 11.”
- See “This is Spinal Tap” screenings at 8:11 and 11:11 p.m
- Hear local Spinal Tap tribute band Smell the Glove expertly tackle 11 stubbornly timeless Tap tunes, including “Hell Hole,” “Big Bottom,” “Sex Farm,” “Heavy Duty,” “Stonehenge” and “Tonight I’m Gonna Rock You Tonight.”
- Meet legendary Kansas City rock radio personality Skid Roadie from 101 the Fox
- Play the “Go to 11” Swag Raffle ($5 a ticket), including movie memorabilia, CD/DVD packages and a Screenland Theatres Annual VIP Pass for Two.
- Come as your favorite Spinal Tap character and receive a free raffle ticket and a free Screenland ticket to a future event
- Visit dealer tables with t-shirts, comics and other cool collectibles.
Given the topsy-turvy world of heavy rock and Spinal Tap in particular, anything could happen on the big night, says Smell the Glove singer/guitarist Dave Patmore. “It would be nice if we could blow up at least one drummer on stage,” Patmore says. “Remember, it’s a fine line between stupid and clever.”
- What: “Go to 11 on 11-11-11 with Spinal Tap”
- When: Party starts at 7:11 p.m. Friday, Nov. 11
- Where: Screenland Crossroads Theatre, 1656 Washington
- Why: Fall fundraiser for CinemaKC in support of filmmakers in Missouri and Kansas
- Tickets: $11 (those born on 11-11 get in free)
For more info and to buy tickets, please visit Screenland Crossroads.
CinemaKC’s Strategic Partners include ArtsKC, Film Commission of Greater Kansas City, Blackberry Castle Productions, Film Society of Greater Kansas City, Independent Filmmaker’s Coalition, Kansas City Film Critics Circle, Kansas City FilmFest, Kansas City Filmmakers Jubilee, Kansas City Fringe Festival, Kansas City Screenwriters, Kansas City Urban Film Festival, Kansas City Women in Film and TV, Kansas Film Commission, Kansas International Film Festival, Missouri Film Commission, Missouri Motion Media Association, Reel Spirit, Tallgrass Film Festival, Thank You Walt Disney, UMKC Film Department, University of Kansas Film and Media Studies, Variety the Children’s Charity of Greater Kansas City and Women of the Motion Picture Industry.
CinemaKC’s Business Alliance includes Allied Integrated Marketing, Allied Theatre Craft, American Heartland Theatre, Bazillion Animation, BicMedia, Haywood Marketing Communications, Kansas City Area Development Council, KC Stage Magazine, KC Studio, Prizm Productions, Screenland Armour, Screenland Crossroads, Screenland Crown Center, StagePort KC, Substream Music & Sound Design and T2.